Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Content Management Framework
Drupal is an open source content management platform licensed under the GPL. Equipped with a powerful blend of features, Drupal can support a variety of websites ranging from personal blogs, corporate brochures and large community-driven websites.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
Drupal 7 configurations:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/drupal7
- Includes drush for command line administration and configuration.
Bundled popular Drupal 7 modules and dependencies
(installed to /var/www/drupal7/sites/all/modules):
- Panels: Drag and drop customized layouts for pages, nodes and blocks.
- Backup and migrate: Backup and restore your Drupal site on-demand or on a schedule.
- Devel: A suite of helper modules for Drupal module and theme developers.
- Drush: a command line shell and Unix scripting interface for Drupal.
- Ckeditor: Enables CKeditor (a WYSIWYG editor) instead of plain text fields.
- Imce: Powerful image file uploader and browser, with support for on the fly resizing.
- Recaptcha: Thwart spammers by adding image or text based CAPTCHAs to your site.
- PathAuto: Auto-generate search engine friendly URLs (SEO).
- GlobalRedirect: Alias 301 redirects, prevents duplicate content. (SEO)
- FiveStar: Simple five-star voting widget for nodes.
- Webform: Create forms and questionnaires.
- Logintoboggan: Improves Drupal's login system.
- Admin menu: Adds dropdown administration menu to the top of the screen.
- Tagadelic: Makes weighted tag clouds from your taxonomy terms.
- Lightbox2: Places images above your current page, not within.
- Google analytics: Adds Google Analytics js tracking code to all your site's pages.
- Advanced_help: Improves the Drupal help system.
- Rules: Lets you define conditionally executed actions based on occurring events.
- Jquery_ui: provides jQuery UI plugin to other Drupal modules.
- Token: Provides a shared API for replacement of textual placeholders with actual data.
- Email: Support email field in custom content types.
- Link: Support URL link field in custom content types.
- Date: Support Date field in custom content types.
- SSL support out of the box
- PHPMyAdmin administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL)
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery)
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL, phpMyAdmin: username root
- Drupal 7: username admin