I have worked on my first tkl patch -- an nginx webserver. It is not quite ready for release, there are a couple things I need some help with. (Please move this to the support forum if it is more appropriate.)
- Nginx server pulling latest stable version from nginx ppa.
- PHP 5.3.2 from lucid repos
- php-fpm from Brian Mercer's ppa
- APC and Memcached (I haven't tested these yet)
- MySQL, and webmin-mysql package
- PHPMyAdmin on port 12322 over https
- I took the default home page from the LAMP server and modified it.
- There is an issue with the phpmyadmin.conf. During the build, it says it can't import the data. After you boot to a new instance from the patched iso, you can't log into phpmyadmin using your root password until you manually update the password for the mysql admin account. I also noticed you are not prompted for MySQL passwords during the install.
I would like to display the phpmyadmin address on the confconsole.Fixed.
- I am currently using a ppa for php-fpm. I would really like to use php5.3.3 instead. I see nginx has a ppa for it (it's commented out in the conf script). Whenever I tried using it, apache2 kept coming up as a dependency (I think from the php5 package). I don't want apache running in this.
- I am not aware of a webmin module for nginx. If there is one, please let me know and I can include it.
I have not yet created a phpinfo() page.Fixed.
I started from Basil's LAMP patch and modified it by removing the apache stuff and then put in the nginx stuff, so I thought the mysql/phpmyadmin configs wouldn't have any issues. Also, since I don't really have any experience with nginx configuration, any comments would be appreciated!
Currently the patch is located at http://github.com/slacker/tklpatch-nginx. Feel free to fork it and help out. I will upload a tarball here once the major bugs are worked out.