David Hillman's picture

I downloaded the ubuntu-8.04.3-i386-turnkey-mysql-2009.10.tar.gz OpenVZ template and dropped it in /var/lib/vz/template/cache on my Proxmox 1.8 server.  In the "Applicance Template" section, I see the filename is correct, but the description is listed as "-- unknown --".  When I try to go create a new OpenVZ virtual machine, I can't select the Turnkey device because it isn't listed.  According to this thread http://www.turnkeylinux.org/forum/general/20101208/creating-openvz-templates-leveraging-tklpatch

there should be some templates floating around based on the newer Turnkey devices.  Is that true?

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Both the old and new templates need to be renamed for them to show up in the PVE WebUI. PVE has a strict naming convention which neither the old or new templates comply with. And yes there are some new templates available - have a look here. Please make sure you at least read the disclaimer before you start. As I stated they are somewhat experimental, despite the fact that I am using some of them currently in production (within my work's intranet and testing at home). So they should work but YMMV. Be great to get some more feedback on them.

I have been considering, renaming the new templates to comply with the PVE convention. You can read my thoughts and see an example of my suggested naming for TKL appliance templates in this post (on that same thread).

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Add new comment