Hi TKL users and devs,
This post is intended to be a discussion on how TKL and TKLBAM have benefitted me and some features I would like to see.
If this is served better in another place then please let me know, otherwise I will start by saying I am very impressed so far and look forward to continuing development.
I write software for windows and Linux that is 90% of the time a database frontend and consequently I provide onsite and offsite servers that include file servers, db servers and printing servers (so people can manage printing costs).
I have used TKLBAM for several MySQL servers in a test scenario to ensure it can do what I need. I plan to use it for my first full scale backup in the comming week. Twice it has saved me hours of work recreating tables when a VM went KAPUT!
My testing is not estensive and there may be features I have missed but for what I intend to do I have tested thoroughly.
The following features I would like to see;
Backup statistics in hub or updated in the server CLI itself.
My motivation behind this is to determine how long a large backup might take and the ease of mind provided by "numbers"
- Ability to cancel and delete a "backup in progress" in the HUB
- Ability to reuse numbers from deleted backups in the HUB
- Ability to group backups into "Folders" or other management methods.
- Postgres to work with TKLBAM
- Micro instances to become available in cloud deployments
- A light version of TKLBAM that backs up configuration scripts, settings etc
- Several new Turnkey appliances - I have posted a few in the blueprints section
- More as I think of them
I think the best way to help this occur is to evangelise the product, which I am doing with my network of colleagues. If there are practical exmples of ways to provide help I would be limited (due to the need to earn money!) but will do what I can where I can.
Its funny that I found TKL when I was researching some apps I was going to use to create my own image templates - a welcomed surprise!