[update v0.3] Bugfix - added libx264 from Oneric (download and install debs) to fix issue with ffmpeg not compiling with default libx264 (version too old).
[update v0.4] Updated ClipBucket version to latest stable.
I have just updated Adrian's ClipBucket patch.
That is one nifty looking piece of kit! Thanks so much for your original patch Adrian! The update is pretty straight forward, please refer to Adrian's original patch announcement for full details (it's more or less the same except for what is noted below).
Please note that Adrian's original (and this update) install to Core (not LAMP). I may update this patch to rebase off LAMP, in which case some of the files included may be removed.
What's changed (v0.2 - my first release, assuming Adrian's being v0.1):
- Updated FFMPEG to latest stable (v0.8.5 - patch builds deb version: 0.8.5+src20111002 - to comply with Adrian's naming convention)
- Updated ClipBucket to v2.5.1
- Added MySQL firstboot scripts (ie set MySQL root pass - robbed from LAMP appliance)
- and a few other little bits and pieces, probably best viewed on GitHub if you're interested...
Random weird stuff:
Despite using ClipBucket v2.5.1, in the Admin panel it reports:
Currently you are running 2.0.91 STABLE
Latest Version 2.6 stable - I will update the patch again soon...
While building FFMPEG it reports lots of errors and warnings, not sure if any of these are issues or not? Not sure if Adrian's original did the same (I didn't install it - only this update). Perhaps may have something to do with bug(s) reported?
Update ClipBucket to v2.6-r738 (I have only just realised that this is the latest stable - originally thought it was RC)Done as of patch v0.4
- Set admin password on firstboot (currently just "admin")
- Random MySQL password for clipbucket DB on firstboot (currently just static predefined)
- Set admin email on firstboot
I haven't done extensive testing (I have only tested that it installs and the site starts and admin can log in). It probably still has bugs (such as this). Looking at stuff like that will be my next job... Any feedback please fell free to post.
I have uploaded this to my GitHub account here (as well as posting here).