viggo hansen's picture

Updating apt appears to break mediawiki with this error:

Warning: require_once(/usr/share/mediawiki/extensions/FCKeditor/FCKeditor.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /etc/mediawiki/extensions.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/share/mediawiki/extensions/FCKeditor/FCKeditor.php' (include_path='/usr/share/mediawiki:/usr/share/mediawiki/includes:/usr/share/mediawiki/languages:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /etc/mediawiki/extensions.php on line 5

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

When you upgrade a package, the previous configurations are not changed. It seems the previous configuration file was pointing to an extension that no longer exists. The extensions may have changed location, or they don't exist in the newer package you installed, etc. I'll have to ask Alon about that when he gets back.

Meanwhile I recommend you edit /etc/mediawiki/extensions.php and comment out the extensions that are giving you trouble.

Also, we released a new MediaWiki appliance a few days ago in which we fixed a few extension related bugs. You might want to try to see if you're having better luck with that.

Cheers

Jeremy Davis's picture

I will attempt to test this when I get a chance. I have the new MediaWiki appliance downloaded and was intending on ugrading (by way of clean install) my MediaWiki Appliance to the new release anyway.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Hi,

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the error but I have just run

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

on the new 2009.10 MediaWiki appliance and it all went smoothly. I got no errors either at the terminal or on the Wiki front page itself (as viewed in a web browser). The only possibile problem I could imagine were if you chose the wrong http server version as part of the upgrade (as it gave me multiple options - I chose Apache2 - which is the web server used by TKL).

I'm happy to help you troubleshoot but I need more info about the steps you are taking so I can try to see where the problem creeps in.

Cheers

Add new comment