Joseph Freiburg's picture

Hello All,

I'm still relatively new, but have actually had success with logins before.. ;-)

Environment: Apple Mac with English OS (10.6.1) and a German Keyboard; VirtualBox 3.0.8 r53138 (up-to-date); Firefox 3.5.3; Safari (4.0.3 6531.9)

I first installed the aforementioned software using a standard password (all alphabetical except for one "-" sign) for all entries. I was able to login into Drupal using this. I got login errors on all https web sites for both admin and root.

I then reinstalled using "turnkey" as the password for all entries. Same result as above.

Has anybody seen this before? I remember this happened with the a previous version and that it all somehow worked out in the end... no such luck this time. Any pointers?

Best Regards,

Joseph

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

Hi Joseph. I don't think I understand the problem your facing yet. Could you provide more information? (e.g., exact error messages, output from the Apache error logs if available, etc.)
Joseph Freiburg's picture

Looks like the US / Foreign keyboard problem got me too! The initial Installer Window assumes the standard US-keyboard encoding but the Browser recognises the non-US keyboard and uses the appropriate encoding, which is of course wrong. This applies to all the "Admin" URLs. Interestingly, Drupal apparently assumes the US-keyboard and hence lets me login.

Keep up the nice work!

Best Regrds,

Joseph

Add new comment