Bill Montgomery's picture

I just installed the new TWiki appliance behind a firewall at work. I need to turn off the email verification feature as I won't be able to access anything from behind the firewall.

I assume that this is done in the Configure section of the Admin Tools but when I select this, I am repeatedly prompted for Login/Pass. The AdminUser login works as a site login but I can't access Configure with it.

This is an out-of-the-box install with no customizations. Not much I can change if I can't access Configure.

Has anyone else run into this?

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

Bill thanks for reporting this. If we can reproduce this issue on our end then hopefully we can issue a workaround and a fix which will go into the next version.
Alon Swartz's picture

Thanks for reporting this, it turns out to be a misconfiguration in the apache configuration. You can either comment out the configure section as Peter mentioned, so you can access it without a authenticating, or update /etc/twiki/apache.conf
old:    Require user TWikiGuest
new:    Require user AdminUser
This fix will be included in all future versions of the TWiki appliance.
BTW, disabling email verification is specified here:
Security Setup -> Security Registration -> {Register}{NeedVerification}
I hope this solves your issue.
M Ganter's picture

Yes!

It IS the Apache config problem.     After making the suggested change and restarting Apache, I could run TWiki Configure.

It gives two warnings - one for localhost and one for email root@localhost.

After updating both and saving the Conguration, it appears to work.

Thanks!

Alon Swartz's picture

I've added the warnings you mentioned to my todo list for when we release an updated version.
Jeremy Davis's picture

This thread is really old so I suspect that the way the server is built now has changed. TBH I'm not sure where the conf file is but the best place to start looking IMO would be /var/www/twiki Actually you could use the find command to help you out:

find /var/www/twiki -name apache.conf

Hopefully that will work...

Add new comment