stuartindigo's picture

I'm working on a very complex plugin for wordpress which a client requires.

I needed a local (internal nework) testbed which permitted me to use wordpress, and be able to update the plugin as I went along - after fighting with fedora for over a week (couldn't get wordpress to even install) I've decided to try this version - and wordpress is running.

What I need to know is how to set up the ftp to permit uploading to the wordpress installation.

Is there documentation here, or can someone please give some guidance?

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

If you connect (on port 22) as the root user you have complete access to the whole filesystem.

Depending on your usage scenario you may be better off creating a specific user account that is parrallel to the account that Wordpress runs under (www-data I think - the account Apache, MySQL and php run under).

stuartindigo's picture

I'm confused - cannot login using filezilla with my root user credentials (shell login on box works fine) - what am I missing

Solved problem - caused by incorrect keyboard mapping (I'm using a Belgian azerty keyboard - tkl assumes us qwerty hence typing a is read as q)

Would it be possible to include keyboard setup in the install procedure in a future release?

Liraz Siri's picture

We'll have to take a closer look at this in a future release. In a nutshell anything that adds to the complexity of the installation process is something we have to think carefully about. Perhaps instead we could document a workaround...

Also, one of the problems with adding international support is that's it is a bit difficult for us to test it (e.g., I don't have a Belgian azerty keyboard).

This is one of the areas where the community could play a big role.

Add new comment