Michael Listman's picture
Website down! I am having a permissions problem on a VMware Drupal6 appliance. I have other Drupal6 VMs running just fine on the same box. I've checked folder permissions and configurations and everything seems to be the same between the instances. I had made no recent changes to the site. I'm a Linux newbie so this has been steep for me. I can access Webmin just fine.
After poking around some errors include;

sudo: can't open /etc/sudoers: Permission denied

Permission denied: /.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

MySQL is not running on your system - database list could not be retrieved

a Cron email sent to root@ every minute: /bin/sh: /lib/info/...: not found
Forum: 

I had a RHCE check things out and he said it looked like the system was trying to write tmp files into memory instead of to disk. He determined that it was unrecoverable, so my only choice was to completely rebuild the system from scratch.

It does concern me that the Turnkeylinux setup might be unstable...

Liraz Siri's picture

The only time TurnKey would store your files into memory is in Live CD / demo mode, which is only available in the ISO. Could you maybe have tried to install from the ISO and accidentally booted into Live CD mode? FYI, in the next version we plan to switch around the boot options and change the wording a bit to prevent exactly this kind of mistake.

I rebooted multiple times after the issue occured with the same result each time. The VM had been stable for 3 months up to that point. I only wish I had made a change prior to this happening so I would know what caused it.

Add new comment