I want to run Redmine and host multiple public Git repositories for a single project, but Redmine supports only one repo per project. I see the Revision Control appliance has Gitweb running, which would allow web-based browsing of multiple repositories.

However, I would prefer not to run two separate appliances, for two reasons: (a) so that both Redmine and Gitweb are behind the same domain, with one just being my-domain.com/gitweb, and (b) so that Redmine can reference one of the repos (i.e. the most senior or official person's) that gitweb is concurrently serving up.  I realize for (b) I could have that person push to a different appliance, but again, this would affect uniformity of access instructions among my team.

So, my question is: is there some simple, easy way to get the Revision Control appliance high-level features installed on the Redmine appliance?  ...or do I have to manually (well, apt-get) install gitweb and figure out the appropriate settings to enter into the Webmin page for Apache config?

Forum: 
Liraz Siri's picture

If you want a feature from one appliance in another appliance often the only thing you can do is figure out how to install it manually using the appliance that has that as a reference.

Oh and sorry for the delayed response, we're right the middle of a development cycle.

Todd Forsberg's picture

Any idea how to add a new repo for GIT or SVN in the Rev Cntrl Appl ?

-Todd Forsberg

Add new comment