Guest's picture

I have had a look around the forums and not found exactly what i want but please advise if i have missed it.

I just dicivered Turnkey Linux and it is a life saver for me now however I have loaded Turnkey LAMP onto a VPS and use this for a small business intranet which has various databases on it.

So i back the SQL every day however i would like to replicate this onto a USB drive , so say either the server goes down or the comany looses internet access at least they then have access via the usb srick temporariliy.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to accomplish, though I'll try give some pointers.

Installing a TurnKey ISO on a USB flash drive: This question has come up before, and Liraz posted some links as well as a small script I wrote back in the day that installs an extracted ISO filesystem to a USB device.

Backup and migration: We are working on a backup and migration mechanism (1, 2) that should be released in beta very shortly.

TKLPatch: TKLPatch provides a simple way to customize and extend any appliance in the TurnKey Linux virtual appliance library.

A combination of the above might be what you're looking for, but again, I'm not exactly sure...

Add new comment