david's picture

Hi,

I downloaded the Tomcat appliance and then used the Tomcat Manager to deploy a war file.

The war file is hudson(http://hudson-ci.org/), a continous intergration product.

When I try and access the url I get a stacktrace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.kohsuke.stapler.jelly.JellyFacet
	sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
	sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
	java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
	org.kohsuke.stapler.Facet.discoverExtensions(Facet.java:54)
	org.kohsuke.stapler.Facet.discover(Facet.java:34)
	org.kohsuke.stapler.WebApp.<init>(WebApp.java:93)
	org.kohsuke.stapler.WebApp.get(WebApp.java:36)
	org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.init(Stapler.java:73)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
	java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)
	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)
	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:115)
	org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Any help appreciated

D

PS a turnkey appliance with a CI server would be good!!

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

because I'm not really much of a programer type. Hopefully someone will be able to be more useful to you.

In the meantime I just had a brief google. After a quick read it looks to me like this sort of issue is not uncommon, but often relates quite specifically to the app itself and the envirnonment its running in vs the environment its been designed in. Perhaps its worth trying to get some support from the dev over there - from what I can gather the user mailing list is probably your best bet.

They may well wish to know the details of the TKL Tomcat appliance. TKL appliances are Ubuntu 8.04 server under the hood and the major component versions can be found on the appliance changelog, have a look here (scroll down a little - please note some minor package updates may have occured since then but they should be able to assist you should they need further info).

Good luck and if you end up finding an answer elsewhere, please post back as others may run into similar issues. Thanks.

Adrian Moya's picture

But looking for my own post I've just found yours, and if it still help, I've made a tklpatch for hudson and you can check it out here. I'll build the iso and post it to that forum thread if you wish to test it without running the tklpatching process. Feedback is welcome. 

Add new comment