pjdurham's picture

I've searched high & low and I can't find information as to which database backend the Turnkey Trac Appliance is configured to use after initial startup.  And... I can't find sqlite, postgres or mysql installed on the machine.  Can someone kindly provide the answer.  Thx.

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

The TKL Trac changelog doesn't list one anyway! All other appliances (that I've checked) state the DB name and version in their changelogs. Or perhaps there's been an omission?

Alon Swartz's picture

Trac uses SQLite, you can refer to the package manifest for the sqlite related packages/libraries. The convenience script located at /usr/local/bin/trac-initproject configures the projects to use the SQLite backend, take a look.

If you think we should change the backend to something else, let us know (and your reasoning).

pjdurham's picture

Thank you.  I had finally stumbled onto that myself.  What threw me was no reference in any documentation that I could find (other than by default Trac uses SQLite).  And things like whereis and apt-cache policy weren't turning up anything either.

Also my thanks to all involved in Turnkey Linux - excellent work.

Jeremy Davis's picture

I should've thought of that! I've been around here long enough!

Add new comment