Diego Xirinachs's picture

Hi guys,

everytime I take a system snapshot the VM crashes and displays aborted state.
Anyone knows why this happens? Im using the wordpress appliance in virtualbox.

One thing, I have to delete de snapshot in order to make the VM bootable again, I can also export the appliance and import it under a different name and everything works. Pretty weird issue if you ask me...

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

If you need a log or anything just ask.
Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

I often run TKL appliances within VBox (v3.2.8 running on Ubuntu 10.04) and have never experienced that problem. Not sure which version you are using but perhaps its a VBox bug?

Forgot that! Running VirtualBox 4.x (cant remember the exact version but I will update it tomorrow). My host OS is Archlinux with gnome DE

With Microsoft you get windows and gates, with Linux you get the whole house!!!

Jeremy Davis's picture

It may be worth trying with Ubuntu server, may help locate the source of the issue.

You mean install a new VM in virtualbox with ubuntu server on it and try?

Will do and come back with results, also, Virtualbox version is 4.0.0 and just read the changelog for the new version (4.0.2) and this got my attention:

Storage: fixed possible crashes with VMDK/VHD images with snapshots and async I/O (4.0 regression)

The virtual disk is indeed an VMDK image, but I didnt get any I/O errors on the log. I think that is closely related to the issue, first thing I will do is update VirtualBox and if that doesnt make the trick then install an ubuntu server guest and see if problem occurs again.

Jeremy Davis's picture

But perhaps try updating VBox first, like you said. I notice that Oracle now supply pre-built packages and have both .deb & .rpm repos so that should be pretty easy.

As the changelog stated, it was a bug, working perfectly now after update :D

So in short, dont use VirtualBox 4.0.0, update inmediatly to 4.0.2

Jeremy Davis's picture

Thanks for posting back.

Add new comment