Ryan's picture
I am using the newest TKL PHP3 appliance. I have copied 3.x PhpBB styles into /usr/shared/phpbb3/styles using the WebMin Upload/Download applet (using root as login and owner.) However when I go into PhpBB ACP and go into Styles, I do not see the new ones to activate, just the two that shipped w/ phpbb. What am I doing wrong??
Forum: 
Tags: 
Ryan's picture

4/2/11 14:29PST I am not sure if it was something I did wrong during post install, or if the appliance comes this way, but it seemed I was missing a symbolic link in /etc/phpbb3 for /usr/share/phpbb3/styles. I re-created the link and all of the sudden my new style(s) popped up under the ACP and allowed me to install.

Jeremy Davis's picture

In other words it's handled by package management and as such end users shouldn't be putting stuff there! Have a look at this post from Liraz about it (similar problem, different appliance). So instead of putting a symlink in /etc/phpbb3, you're better putting your styles directly into /etc/phpbb3. The added bonus of that is that is that TKLBAM will backup your custom styles without having to tweak it.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Sorry I'm being cheeky! TBH I'm not sure but perhaps it's worth asking the original software provider and/or their community?!

Add new comment