Søren's picture

Hi,

I have just launched a new server in the hub that seems stuck "installing security updates (>4 hours). Rebooting or terminating and re-starting the server does not seems to help. 

What to do?

Forum: 
Alon Swartz's picture

I just checked your Hub account and everything seems OK. Just to be sure you are looking at the latest server status, please click "refresh" top right in the server dashboard.

Depending on the appliance, security updates could take a few minutes to install.

If you still have issues, please email me directly or use the feedback option in the Hub.

Jeremy Davis's picture

It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to install updates. I did once have an issue where the Hub wasn't updating, and even after refreshing the page it still reported that it was 'installing updates'. But when I checked the appliance (via the IP) it was actually running (it was just that the Hub was reporting wrong).

I suggest you give that a go (both refreshing and directly checking the appliance).

If neither of those work, perhaps see if there is anything obvious appearing in the console (although I don't recall when that becomes available, perhaps it's after that...). If there is anything there then perhaps post it here (it should be ok, but just make sure it doesn't include info like passwords before you post). If there is anything there, even if the next steps work, then it may be useful for the devs to post the console output here (assuming that there is anything in there).

Next thing to try would be to reboot. If that still doesn't work, perhaps as a last ditch effort, destroy it and create a new server, one more time. If it doesn't start working after about 5-10 min I would expect that it has got stuck somewhere/somehow (I would think a couple of minutes should do it, but just to be sure).

Failing all those and you are still stuck. I suggest that you send the devs a message via the Hub Feedback feature (blue button on the left hand side when logged in).

Let us know how you go.

Add new comment