Dan's picture

Hello,

After installing LAMP into virtualbox on ubuntu 64 bit, and trying to start the file manager, using latest version of mozilla browser, i get a "failed to get language list : java.security.AccessControlException ..." error. Browsing the web, it was suggested to clear certificates, clear cache, but nothing helps. I even upgraded webmin to the latest version using the shell.

Interestingly, an own lamp installation on ubuntu 11.04 with webmin, the file manager works. So, i am not sure what the problem is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

But I recall when I first started using Webmin I had some problems with the java parts not working properly untill I installed sun-java-jre (rather than the open java that's installed by default). I also recall that the first time I used it there were a number of Java security warnings that had to be ticked and oked.

Jeremy Davis's picture

The default java included in Ubuntu (and most other Linux distros) is an open source version (not sure who it's maintained by now but as far as I know Sun released it prior to the Oracle takeover). In my experience it works quite well for most things, but Webmin and the ProxmoxVE console are not 2 of them! The proprietry java supplied by Sun/Oracle (the Ubuntu package is called sun-java-jre and installed from the Ubuntu Partner repo - which is usually disabled by default) doesn't seem to have these same problems in general (although in my experience it does seem to chew a bit more RAM).

Add new comment