Sam's picture

Support,

Which of your package is good for forex trading.

Thanks,

-Sam

Forum: 
Eric (tssgery)'s picture

Does Forex offer an installable image of their software? I didn;t see anything obvious on the forex.com site. If you can provide a link to a page describing how download/install their software, we can possiibly take a look.

Sam's picture

Dear tssgery,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I think am confusing you a bit . SORRY ! . My question is you guys provide many great appliances that I am very immpressed. I have planed to have a site as same as forex.com , Which is a trading site. Shall I goahead with LAMP????

Ref: http://www.forex.com/uk/index.html

Kind Regards,

-Sam

Eric (tssgery)'s picture

First, I am not part of the Turnkey organization. I'm just a person that's used their appliances on several occasions.

Secondly, regarding your orginal question... It really depends upon the architecture of your system. If you're going to base your site on basic web technologies then yes, I'd start with LAMP. If you're going to base it on Ruby/Rails or Drupal or something else, I'd start with something more in lines with your plans.

Sam's picture

Dear tssgery,

Thanks

I think we are close to the solution!

1. My System ARC : Linux Based.

2. My site/server : IT should support 1) Html/php 2). Forums/blog 3). Livechat application and few images[Like Gallery]. 4). Search Engg.

3. I suspect for the above we have to setup a customized appliances????

Kind Regards,

-Sam

Eric (tssgery)'s picture

1. If you want your system to be ArchLinux based, Turnkey won't work as it's Ubuntu based. I've not used ArchLinux so can't speak to it's merits but I've been using Ubuntu for YEARS and think it'll serve your needs unless you need something special.

2. I'd really check out a CMS like Joomla or Drupal. They've got really large community backings and offer out of the box functionality (forums, blogs, you name it). I would not start from scratch with something like this as you'd waste a lot of time. You'd then just need to develop anything specific that you need.

3. If you can go with Ubuntu, start with TurnKey as it'll save you a lot of time and you won't need anything really custom over and above installing CMS add-ons from the community.

Add new comment