vincentk222's picture

Hi all

I would like to test zimbra. I have installed it by default with any special configuration.

In the admin mode there is mail.example.com as server example.com as domain

there is 4 users admin@example.com, wiki@example.com, and 2 other.

I start the user interface with admin@example.com and send an email to  wiki@example.com.

I logged with wiki@example.com but get no email

Shall I start something else????

regards

V

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

The example.com domain is exactly that, an example. You can not actually use it. I'm not familiar with the Zimbra appliance but AFAIK you need to set a proper domain and you also need to configure DNS. If you don't have your own domain (or not one that you want to use yet) then you should be able to set up a local DNS (with a dummy domain) to test it. I suggest you have a search here on the site and you should be able to find some info to get you started. I recall seeing posts about this some time ago.

vincentk222's picture

you re right

I just setup the DNS

thx

Jeremy Davis's picture

And have a search through the forums. I just had a quick search and haven't found a lot of clarity TBH. But I'm sure there have been posts about it over the years. In fact I'm sure I recall quite detailed instructions posted by one of the devs back when the appliance was first launched (was quite a while ago now... 2009 perhaps?)

Unfortunately you'll just need to search through the forums and hope you hit gold. Be great if you find it if you could post back with the link and/or include a link in the docs (the docs are a community editable wiki).

Add new comment