L. Arnold's picture

I see there is a Core RC 12 available on Amazon.

Is it possible to mount a Patch on Amazon?  Seems it needs to boot from a Preconfigured set of ISO's which I assume a Patch (OpenERP) is not.

On a Related note..  I have access to a Sun VM (Virtual Box) that is essentially a Patch that combines Joomla and Magento...  It would be nice to run this on Amazon but again, I am not sure how, or if this is possible.

Any thoughts here?

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Have a look at this blog post and the accompanying discussion. Although that is not a roadblock in and of itself.

Now (as you probably know) a TKLPatch is a script (or set of scripts) and collection of overlay files (often config files). So a patch can theoretically be applied to an AWS instance but for it to work you'll still need the base appliance and the RC is only core. So if you had a patch that was based on Core then it should work.

As for your Joomla and Magento appliance, unless you used a patch (or created one when you built your custom appliance) then it will be a little more tricky. And you still need the base appliance that you started with. Actually perhaps TKLBAM may work (although you still need the base appliance).

Jeremy Davis's picture

Have a look at this blog post and the accompanying discussion. Although that is not a roadblock in and of itself.

Now (as you probably know) a TKLPatch is a script (or set of scripts) and collection of overlay files (often config files). So a patch can theoretically be applied to an AWS instance but for it to work you'll still need the base appliance and the RC is only core. So if you had a patch that was based on Core then it should work.

As for your Joomla and Magento appliance, unless you used a patch (or created one when you built your custom appliance) then it will be a little more tricky. And you still need the base appliance that you started with. Actually perhaps TKLBAM may work (although you still need the base appliance).

Add new comment