Scott's picture

Hello.  I am using Turnkey Linux redmine.

I have a plugin where Redmine can do HTTP authentication but needs REMOTE_USER (or whatever variable I specify) server environment variable to be set up.

I want it to capture windows network logon info (SSPI) and pass to redmine.  There is an Apache mod out there called "mod_auth_sspi" but I am having trouble with both versions of it (1.0.3 and 1.0.4).  When I try to enable them on turnkey, I get the error: apache2: Syntax error on line 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/auth_sspi.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_sspi.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_sspi.so: invalid ELF header

My turnkey has apache 2.2.14.  Anyone know how to resolve this issue? or know something else that could essentually do the same thing that does work with redmine turnkey?

Thanks in advance

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

My understanding (which may be wrong...?) is that the SSPI module only works on Windows computers (ie if you have Apache running on a Win machine).

You may have to look at some alternate way to acheive your ends, but I wouldn't know where to start sorry.

Add new comment