CJT's picture

I am pulling my hair out!  Please before I jump....

From Amazon EC2 I started the appliance/image of: 

turnkey-vtiger-11.3-lucid-x86.ebs

The issue is there is no "first boot" access.  The image from the library had already been booted.  I have tried everything with regards to passwords for PHPMyAdmin, MYSQL and most importantly vTiger.  I could change the Linux  root password but that was it (using Amazon Key Pair) to login.  I was hoping they (image creator) would have set admin/admin or admin/password etc since with EC2 you can't "boot" off a install disk--there is no console for this.

How can I recover/find the application passwords that were set during first boot and the "inihooks" process?  

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Chris

WPB, FL USA

Forum: 
Alex Bassett's picture

I believe that after first boot you need to run "turnkey-init"  , to allow you to enter the usernames and passwords that are required .

Take a look here: http://www.turnkeylinux.org/docs/ec2

CJT's picture

Guys,

That worked... I had to dig to find the root in the log, then ran the init scripts.  I am NOT an Linux admin by any means but I got the job done.

GREAT project by the way.  I am always willing to support your kind of efforts.  Do you guys do Linux consulting support on the side for your instances at Turnkey...

Please advise.

Chris

WPB, FL

Jeremy Davis's picture

IMO the Hub is your best option. Then you can preseed passwords via the WebUI when you launch the server.

Add new comment