Bunk3m's picture

I downloaded the new VM for SugarCRM. 

When I try to add a module I always get the error (iCal integration):

Failed to copy cache/upgrades/temp/oosPrG/ical_server.php to ical_server.php

And Google Contact integration:

Including: cache/upgrades/temp/YTdVtJ/scripts/pre_install.php
17%  
Failed to copy cache/upgrades/temp/YTdVtJ/google_contacts_conf.php to google_contacts_conf.php

I don't know anything about how this is set up ... that's why I wanted to try this.  I think there is a permissions problem or missing directory???

Thanks in advance for your help.
B.
Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Permissions issue I reckon

By default generally TKL apps are configured to have the tightest security possible. This usually means that root owns most of the directory tree, with the webserver user (www-data) given read access to the doc root and write access only to the specific files/folders that it needs (often a cache folder among others...)

Going from the error message you have posted I am guessing that this is your problem. From there you have the option of giving the webserver ownership of the whole directory tree. It shouldn't be a major security risk, although you'll need to be a little more vigilant with making sure you apply any security updates to the app. From experience with TKL I suspect that SugarCRM is installed to a sub-directory of the default webserver doc root. Assuming that's the case do it like this:

chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/sugarcrm

Or you could try giving it ownership of just the root folder (that should allow the webserver to create new files/folders, but not change any files). If the file already exists then state the file, rather than the folder. This way you can easily return permissions to default when you are finished.

chown www-data:www-data /var/www/sugarcrm

or for a file:

chown www-data:www-data /var/www/sugarcrm/filename

To change back, rerun the commands but change www-data for root.

Jeremy Davis's picture

So you can either use an SSH connection (either using SSH from the commandline in OSX or Linux or an SSH client like PuTTY on Windows) or use the builtin Webshell (https://<your-appliance-FQDNN-or-IP>:12320

Then use the root account and the root password (that you set on launch or first boot).

Don't hesitate to post back if you have further issues...

Jeremy Davis's picture

As this is the TurnKey Linux forums then I doubt I'll be able to help you. However perhaps you could check with SugarCRM upstream? Perhaps someone else has come across this and has a fix?

Add new comment