Santiago Gonzalez's picture

Hi everyone

Today I realize that TKLBAM it hasn't been doing backups since September 1st

When I log in TKLBAM Webmin module it ask me for the API Key as if I've never entered, and when I type the key I get the message

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/tklbam-init", line 35, in 
    import getopt
EOFError: EOF read where object expected

If a log in in the Turnkey console with root user, Ubuntu (I'm using Turnkey PDC 11.3) shows the message

File "/usr/bin/tklbam-status", line 27, in <module> 
    import getopt

and if at the prompt I type tklbam-backup I get

File "/usr/bin/tklbam-backup", line 60, in <module>
    import getopt

What's going on?? 
If my system crashes today I've got a very old backup and could be a dissaster. I was confident about the backup process so I only checked for the backups when I started using Turnkey PDC then I've never checked again until to today that I get this ugly surprise

Thanks in advance to anyone that could help me.

Regards

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

They often read the forums, but not always on a regular basis. So I suggest that you contact them with a link to this thread and perhaps they may have an idea of what has happened and why. I'd probably email to both Alon and Liraz (<firstname>@turnkeylinux.org).

Considering that no one else has reported this issue, my suspicion is that it may be due to file corruption on your system... but that's only a guess. And whilst TKLBAM is pretty good, nothing is infallable and IMO assuming that important things such as backups are 'just working' is potentially a trap that could cause future grief.

It has been suggested that TKLBAM could be configured to send emails when backups completed and/or failed but AFAIK that has yet to be implemented.

Liraz Siri's picture

Unfortunately, I've never seen this error before and I can only guess at what is going on. Maybe a corrupt Python installation? Have you done anything unusual on your system? (e.g., deleted system folders)

What happens if you do this:

cat>/tmp/s.py<<EOF
import getopt
EOF

python /tmp/s.py

If it still gives you the same error then it can't import getopt, and this has nothing to do with TKLBAM but with a corrupted Python installation.

Add new comment