Jan Joost de Vries's picture

I got this message after s3 was discontinued due to a billing issue. I re-registerd and now S3 activiation is endlessly pending. So I can run instances, but can't backup them due to this issue.

What steps can I take to fix this?

Jan Joost

Forum: 
Tags: 
Alon Swartz's picture

It's most likely a sync-delay with Amazon's billing system. You might want to give it another try by:

If that still doesn't help, I'd recommend contacting AWS support and asking them to look into the issue: application-payments@amazon.com

Note that Amazon are usually super responsive, so you should be back up and running in no time.

If all else fails, feel free to drop me a line.

Jan Joost de Vries's picture

Hello Alon,

I have contacted Amazon and they recommented to contact Turnkey. So the loop is complete now.

What happend is that on dec 21 the following services were canceld:

TurnKey Backup and Migration Sold by: TurnKey Linux Application cancelled December 21, 2012
TurnKey Linux on EC2 - EBS-backed (Budget Plan) Sold by: TurnKey Linux Application cancelled December 21, 2012
TurnKey Linux on EC2 - S3-backed (Hobby Plan) Sold by: TurnKey Linux Application cancelled December 21, 2012

Then I repurchased the TurnKey Linux on EC2 - EBS-backed (Budget Plan).  But when I try to run a backup I get this error message: 

> tklbam-backup
error: Backups are not yet enabled for your TurnKey Hub account. Log 
into the Hub and go to the "Backups" section for instructions. 

and this is a screenshot the state of perpetual validation pending I was reffering to:

Alon Swartz's picture

I replied to your email with the extra info. Seeing as this doesn't seem like a generic issue, lets continue discussions over email for now...

Add new comment