simba's picture

Hi all,

I just downloaded the ejabberd appliance and started it in my Proxmox v3 environment as an OpenVZ container.

It all works, but I see a continues high CPU usages of wel over 90%, anyone encountered this situation? I'm wondering what's causing it and how it could be resolved.

Thx!!

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

So I can't comment there but i do have many TKL appliances running in OVZ (under Proxmox) and have not experienced high CPU usage.

Although in fairness I haven't actually tested any of the TKL v12.1 appliances yet so there may be something going on there? I assume that you are using the 12.1 release (as you say you just downloaded it and by default I think it should be v12.1 - unless you are downloading direct through PVE in which case you can choose AFAIK. I know that the devs have included some tweaks to the v12.1 OVZ appliances so perhaps it's something there?

Have you done any troubleshooting? Have you got top installed to have a look at what is chewing all the CPU? Have you tested other TKL appliances and had a similar result (or is it just this appliance)?

simba's picture

Hi Jeremy, I'm running other TKL appliances without this issue, so I'm fairly confident that it isn't neccessarily TKL related.

I'm away from the installation right now, so can't check anything right now. I downloaded through the Proxmox interface, but these are downloading the latest v12 versions of TKL.

I'll see if I can run a top command tonight or something like that to pinpoint the exact process eating all those CPU-cycles..

Add new comment