BieHDC's picture

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/0.7.67

I get this error after installing.

Its a fresh install.

And i also tryed not updating and updating after ready and with and without https ,but nothing worked.

Can someone give me temp. Fix?

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

So I can't really comment... I will try to have a look and see if I can replicate your error as soon as I have time. If you get sick of waiting please feel free to bump this thread...

BieHDC's picture

Thx for your help

Jeremy Davis's picture

And I will post a bug on the Turnkey Tracker.

Sorry I don't have a workaround currently...

[Update] I have lodged a bug on the TKL tracker: https://github.com/turnkeylinux/tracker/issues/44

BieHDC's picture

Thank you very much :)

Do you have had same bug?

Jeremy Davis's picture

I tried launching via the Hub in Sydney and California and got the same error. Not sure what is going on...

BieHDC's picture

Maybe i detected epic bug?

But no others are using Etherpad?

BieHDC's picture

Is bug fixed?

Jeremy Davis's picture

I've had a cursory look but couldn't see much TBH and haven't really had much spare time between work and home life...

The devs are pretty busy trying to get all the source code cleaned up and posted online and the development and planned release of the TKL Dev build environment. The idea is that once all the 'background stuff' is more out in the open, hopefully we'll get more coder type community members that can help with some of this stuff...

Jeremy Davis's picture

Have you subscribed to the bug report on the TKL Dev Tracker? If not perhaps do so... Then you'll know once something has changed.

Also I may have a TKL v12.0 version floating around (or maybe the devs do?) Unfortunately i don't think you'll be able to run that vi the Hub/AWS though...

BieHDC's picture

Ye for me too, but they should fix in the iso image too...

Jeremy Davis's picture

So it will be fixed in v13.0

BieHDC's picture

i dont know, but i hope

Jeremy Davis's picture

But after you add the above, it does...?! Is that right?

If so then you are adding those lines in the wrong place. IIRC you need to add those lines towards the top of the config file. If you put them on the end or somewhere near the end you will get that error. See this post.

Jeremy Davis's picture

This fix was implemented years ago, so it is no surprise that the old fix doesn't work. That's why it's often better to start a new thread if you are having an issue unless you are absolutely sure it's the same problem (by all means post a link to your new thread on really old threads like this if you think it may be related)...

But getting back to your issue, I have just tested v14.1 and can't reproduce it. After completing the firstboot scripts (setting passwords etc) it just works for me (as it's meant to).

Can you please tell me a bit more about where/how you are running this (e.g. OVA installed to VirtualBox or ISO installed to bare metal, etc) and perhaps I can help get you going?

Have you double checked the image integrity? Perhaps your download was corrupted slightly?

Jeremy Davis's picture

For completeness I have now tested both the container build and the ISO and both are working for me. Are you 100% sure that you are using the v14.1 release? To double check please check the output of
turnkey-version
It should output:
turnkey-etherpad-14.1-jessie-amd64
If it's definitely v14.1 and the image checks out (matches the SHA sum) then perhaps your server doesn't have enough resources? Although I'm only using 512MB RAM and it's running fine (it did hit ~500MB during install but now back to ~400MB idle).
Jeremy Davis's picture

We have a new release coming very soon. That should resolve all these issues. Please keep an eye out for v14.2.
Jeremy Davis's picture

Where is it running? How did you install? And what sort of resources does it have?
Jeremy Davis's picture

I was able to reproduce the issue when I installed security updates.

If I rebooted the server and waited a few seconds (you'll still get a 502 until etherpad itself starts), it loaded fine for me. I gave the container 1 CPU and 512 MB RAM. It's really slow and clunky loading the pad, but it appears to work fine otherwise.

Add new comment