Ronan0's picture

Hi there.

This cron job does not appear to be set up?

It enables a significant part of vTiger functionality.

I have not been able to find out the command to run it in your cron scheduler in the webmin console.

(Note, my smtp server is working fine).

Can anyone please help? It would be much appreciated.

Regards

Ronan

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

So to be clear, this is an optional component/config in vTiger? Which you think is important and should be included by default (i.e. a feature request)?

Obviously at this point though you just want it working...

Have you checked it out with the vTiger community at all? (Most upstream software has some sort of community support portal which may include one or more such as forums/mailing list/wiki). Perhaps check there and/or googlle and see how you go. FYI TKL v12.x is based on Debian Squeeze (aka 6).

If you manage to find an answer it'd be great if you could post back. Also if you can find some specific info but still can't make it work, post beack then too. I won't offer any promises but I am more than happy to try to help you get this going how you want...

Ronan0's picture

Thanks for reply, Jeremy.

It would seem to me that the ability of the system to notify users about events (whether calendar, or other) is a key component. My thinking would be include it by default, or at least have a simple on/off switch, that can be turned on when the system is rolled out and operational.

I've posted on vTiger discussions, but not had much (any) feedback. https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/166531/workflow-cron-job-send-emails-looking-for-some-clarity-please-#Item_5

You can see there the steps I've worked through, and results.

Basically, I can get it working at this stage, but it's generating massive log files. I think I may need to put in some environmental variables, but I'm unsure which.

Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Well assuming that vTiger is a PHP app (which seems like a fairly safe assumption considering what you have posted in your vTiger forum thread) then perhaps simply reducing the PHP logging level might help the massive log issues...? I can't recall what needs to be changed but IIRC PHP logging level is set in the php.ini file (OTTOMH it's /etc/php/apache2/php.ini).

TBH at a glance the errors (as noted in point 4 of your vTiger post) suggest a vTiger bug to me... But it could be something not quite ideal in the TKL vTiger install/config? Or some other factor (user introduced? Debain Squeeze/vTiger suboptimal operation?)

But getting back to your original point it sounds like ideally it would make sense to have this preconfigured in the TKL appliance (even if it wasn't enabled OOTB). Perhaps a feature request for the TKL Isssue Tracker?

Ronan0's picture

Just coming back to this:

I tried lowering error reporting in php.ini

I eventually used: 

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_USER_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_USER_DEPRECATED

(yes, throwing a lot of mud hoping some will stick).

I still get a 100Kb log file. Starts off like this:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: HTTP_HOST in /var/www/vtigercrm/config.inc.php on line 82
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: HTTP_HOST in /var/www/vtigercrm/config.inc.php on line 82
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: action in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1014
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: search in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1015
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: module in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1019
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1019
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: module in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1019
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: module in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1020
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: module in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1024
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: action in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1014
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: search in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1015
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1019
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: module in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1020
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: module in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/utils/utils.php on line 1024

I will use it for now. Keep an eye on the logs.

I understand what is needed is the 'isset' function in the code.

Apologies, I am not much of a coder.
Jeremy Davis's picture

For some reason or other those values aren't being set, so an 'isset' line which initialises the variables if they don't have any value (hence at least changing the errors...) would help... 

Hopefully it's been fixed in more recent versions so if vTiger is updated then we will have it resolved... Even if it isn't thanks to your efforts we perhaps have a workaround...

Ronan0's picture

Yes, if you have MORE than 1000 records to import, your import will be scheduled on cron.

Currently, you can call up vtigercron.sh from the cron scheduler in Webmin, it also handles the following (scheduled or set up in the main admin console):

-Workflows
-Recurring Invoices
-Send Reminders
-Schedule Reports 
-Mail Scanner

Normally, I gather this cron call is scheduled for every 15 minutes, but I have set it to just twice a day, as I was a bit nervous about the log files being generated.

However, the logs I was seeing were generated within the webmin console (when I click 'run cron job now'). It would be good to get clarification and confirmation that they are not being written to anywhere else.
Jeremy Davis's picture

It looks like there may not be a v13.0 vTiger appliance as vTiger does not run properly on PHP5.4.x (which is the version of PHP available from the Wheezy repos). There are workarounds (can be found in the vTiger forums) but unless someone takes on maintenance of it I doubt the TKL devs will make a an official appliance (and even if someone takes on the maintenence role I'm still not sure...).

See Alon's post on the TKL issue tracker for v13.x vTiger.

Add new comment