ethanthekiwi's picture

I downloaded the ProcessMaker image to run on VMware. I found it was running ProcessMaker 2.0 and the latest version, 2.5.1, from source forge and started running though this guide from their Wiki. I got stuck at this command that I need to run.

cd /var/www/processmaker
./processmaker upgrade

-bash: ./processmaker: is a directory

The when I run the last line, it tells me ./processmaker is a directory. The instructions say that this could be an issue with php-cli.

If an error message appears such as "/usr/bin/env: php: No such file or directory", then make sure that the PHP Command Line Interface is installed (whose package is named php-cli in Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora and php5-cli in Debian/Ubuntu). If PHP-CLI is already installed, then it is not installed in a location found in your $PATH, so use the full path when executing PHP-CLI:

They suggest running:

/PHP-PATH/php -f processmaker upgrade

But I am not sure what that path would be. 

I have run 

apt-get install php5-cli

And it tells me that I have php-cli. I also tried running

php5 ./processmaker upgrade

And it doesn't give me an error, but it doesn't start outputting all the code that it is supposed to. I believe I am missing something simple in the sytax. If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. 

Forum: 
ethanthekiwi's picture

I figured it out in the end. I accidentally copied to files too deep in the directory, then when I copied them to the correct directory, there was a file with no extension called "processmaker" that didn't copy because there was a directory called processmaker in that folder. 

In the end I reverted the snapshot in VMware and started over and things work fine. Thanks for replying though.

ethanthekiwi's picture

Thanks for your help @liliana. I do have some more questions, but I will direct them to the Processmaker forum. I've tried to post there a couple times and it tells me that I need to be approved by a moderator. As far as I can tell, that hasn't happened yet. I'm going to go out on a limb and gues that your the same  liliana from the Processmaker forum. Would you be able to check on my account there? I have the same username there, ethanthekiwi. 

Add new comment