steve thornley's picture

Thank you for putting together a rather finished looking linux deployment.

My question is, what steps do I need to follow to remote access my fileserver from another network?

I've set up a qnap fileserver for our data hosting and backup needs at work and would like to seed a turnkey fileserver at work then remove it to offsite where I would then perform incremental backups using rsync, but before I do that I don't comprehend how to access my turnkey linux fileserver from outside my network. Is there a step by step tutorial or walkthrough that would hold my hand every step of the way?

Best regards, 

Steve

Forum: 
steve thornley's picture

Well, I've got my server up and running and I've remoted into it. That wasn't so hard. But now I'd like to configure a remote backup. Any pointers?

Jeremy Davis's picture

TKLBAM backup is a smart backup which leverages duplicity to do full and incremental backups of user data only. By default it uses Amazon S3 cloud storage, but since v1.4 (the current version) it can also be easily configured to use other backup locations (local or remote, inc rsync). Read more about TKLBAM 1.4 here (scroll down to "TKLBAM 1.4 - codenamed "give me liberty or give me death!").

I hope that's helpful...

Add new comment