Brian's picture

Hello friends, I am pleased to re-write over here.

Well my problem is this . Install debian wheezy 7.2 from 0 ( amd64 netinst CD http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ ) and either install all services , so Turnkey included several services ( that I think are great ) . But I have the following problem occurs .

when I want to access (say squirrelmail ) by internal ip of my lan ( 192.168.4.10 ) I can access mail without any problem, ie I can access all services provided by php and apache2 , samba, webmin and shellinabox (which are the that interest me ) . Now when I connect the server to a dmz or I give public ip directly to my server. I can not access any service. ( Maybe it has something to do with the service xinetd or inetd, do not quite understand that service settings ) . The thing is that I can not connect from another computer that is not on my internal network . What I can do?

PS: To test the necessary ports and doors open link. Turnkey Fileserver can install and access the internal network IP and public IP . ( No problem on that side )

Greetings !

Forum: 
Eric (tssgery)'s picture

You don't describe how your public address is represented, but I am assuming you have some kind of router between your internal network and the public network. If you have not setup port forwarding on your router you need to do so. 

Brian's picture

I Try 2 examples:

1.- In the first exercise: I give Direct IP public from my router to debian whezy installed from 0 (in other server for example Turnkey owncloud instantly I access the service). but not in this case when install debian from 0 and turnkey service

2.- In the second exercise: I connect making setup port forwarding on my router and open ports and nothing do. (in other server for example Turnkey owncloud, I setup port forwarding and open ports in my router and everthing fine).

In both exercises I don't know what services is not correctly working. Because only I have service for internal IP. not for access from outside to server debian wheezy installed from 0

Add new comment