Vincent Tan's picture

There don't seem to be much documentation on the deployment on the OpenVPN turnkey server.  Am I not looking at the right place?  Do I have to visit openvpn.net to get the necessary information to setup the turnkey openvpn server properly?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Vincent

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

And you will find that here. That doesn't include much in the way of detail though (especially regarding the TKL customisations).

However there is a link there to the GitHub appliance page (which again doesn't include much detail). But there are 2 links there which DO provide a fair bit more detail... Specifically Site-to-Site (office to Amazon VPC) and Gateway (secure internet access). So hopefully they might help get you going (and at least gives some detail about the relevant TKL scripts)...

The next place to look is probably the Debian Wiki (as TKL v13 is built on Debian Wheezy), although this will only include info relevant to OpenVPN (and will not provide any extra detail on TKL stuff). If you still want more then you like you suggest the OpenVPN docs will probably be the best bet (keep in mind that the Wheezy version is 2.2.1).

[update] FWIW I have summarised this info within the TKL Docs

Jeremy Davis's picture

But unfortunately I can't tell you how to do that as it will completely depend on your network config...

If you are using consumer grade hardware to connect to the net then you'll probably need to configure the NAT and port forward to your VPN server. If your network is more enterprise level then you'll probably need to configure a firewall exception (although NAT may also apply...). Either consult the manual for your relevant hardware and/or your network/system manager (whatever is relevant).

Add new comment