bomac's picture

I'am a windows 7 user with medium understanding, turnkey lamp control panel has taken over as my default homepage in IE and I cannot change it. I have no clue how this happened and cannot find any info on the net on how to fix it. 

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

I'm not sure how it could have happened either (without you meaning to do it). TKL LAMP (or any other appliances) do not have any malware or code that would do that automatically (not by default anyway).

If I were you, I'd double check your Internet Explorer 'home page' settings. TBH I'm not sure where you would find them, but I would imagine that they should be fairly easy to find and adjust.

bomac's picture

Thanks ; been there done that and

unless I hit the wrong answer on a popup 

Jeremy Davis's picture

TBH I have very little to do with Windows these days and even when I do, I never use IE. Perhaps there is some way to reset it to default settings? Maybe it might also be worth doing a malware scan as perhaps something nefarious is blocking a setting?

bomac's picture

I have done some malware scans and did not find anything, I will try to find a way to reset the settings, I appreciate your efforts and if I find anything I will report back.

Jeremy Davis's picture

I'm happy to help, although it seems that in this instance it's actually not helping you much... :(

Good luck with it and it'd be great if you post back when you get to the bottom of it. It might save someone else in the future a bit of time and effort...

Jeremy Davis's picture

Great news that you got it sorted! :)

Add new comment