William Shenk's picture

Good Evening All,

I am quite new to Linux  and have been experimenting with the fileserver.

I was just wondering where exactly the pertinent settings for the ajaxplorer are?

In particular, I am interested in checking and setting user timeout values for their http sessions.

Thanks in advance.

Also, is there a way to configure the ajaxplorer to allow writing of directories too?

If so, please point me in the general direction.

Again, thanks in advance.

I am slowly coming into the the Linux world after being trapped with the Borg.

Regards,

Curly

Sontan, ROK

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

You should find the conf files in there. Some settings may also require tweaks to the php.ini file (e.g. if you want to change things like upload filesize and possibly your timeout settings?). OTTOMH you should find that in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini (or similar).

AFAIK file permissions beyond default Ajaxplorer locations may require you to adjust the Linux file permissions. I am unfamiliar with Ajaxplorer so I can't give specific guidance there sorry. Whilst it won't be TurnKey specific, you should find some generic Ajaxplorer help via their Admin guide, FAQ, Knowledge Base and/or forums (note that they have changed their name to Pydio but AFAIK it is essentially the same software...).

William Shenk's picture

Good Afternoon Jeremy,

Thanks for the help and assistance.  This should get me pointed in the righte direction now.

I am still learning Linux and so it can be a bit overwhelming at times for me.

But, I am enjoying it tremendously!  Been experimenting with your appliances, which I really dig.

Running Linux Mint for my PC.  It will be replacement OS of choice coming in the near future.

Thanks again and have a good one.  Keep up the great work!  It is much appreciated.

Regards,

Curly

Lawrence Sylvain's picture

I have a TKL hub account.  I deployed the micro file server appliance to EC2.  I am able to access webmin fine.  I started to setup samba but thought better of using it and decided to try out ajaxplorer. 

I am able to log into webmin fine, and I am able to use putty to open an ssh connection, but that's as far as I can get.

I am unable to access the ajaxplorer web interface and encounter an HTTP 400 (bad request) status code. Note that I am also unable to access the web console at port 12320 (same status code).  Because I am having errors with both webapps I suspect the problem I am having is more general than ajaxplorer alone (perhaps more of an EC2 issue), but I thought I'd at least verify the URL that I should be using to access the ajaxplorer webapp here.

I was not able to find documentation of the ajaxplorer URL, so I checked the contents of the ajaxplorer directory under /var/www:

root@fileserver www/ajaxplorer# ls -lart
total 68
<snip>
-rw-r--r--  1 root     root     6354 Jul  4  2012 index.php
<snip>
drwxr-xr-x  3 root     root     4096 Nov 27 23:20 ..
drwxr-xr-x  6 root     root     4096 Nov 27 23:40 .

It seems that I ought to be able to access ajaxplorer by going to http://hostIP/ajaxplorer (I also tried https) but receive an HTTP 400 (bad request) status code.

Am I at least correct about the URL?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may be able to provide.

Lawrence J. Sylvain

Jeremy Davis's picture

So it should be available at http[s]:///

Although as you say, if you are having issues with Webshell, then perhaps the issues run a little deeper... It's a new one to me though.

As a final note, I would recommend against using Samba (SMB/CIFS) over the open internet. It is not designed to be secure internet protocol (it is only desinged to be used inside a LAN) and should really only be used via a secure VPN tunnel if used over the net.

Lawrence Sylvain's picture

The web root (no context) also results in a 400 status code.  I think I need to look at the AWS side of things.  If I find something there I'll update this thread.  Thanks a lot, Jeremy!

Lawrence J. Sylvain

Add new comment