steffen's picture

Hi All,

unfortunately I'm not able to launch any new server. I tried to launch new instances in SaoPaulo and
Ireland with now success. I tried to install the Wordpress and the LAMP instances. Without success.
It is not possible to connect to these machines via ssh or webmin nor webshell.

I only get the console output. (see attachment)
Please check it, perhaps this is a temproary problem?!

It would be grate if you could Help, me!

Thanks, a lot!

Forum: 
Tags: 
steffen's picture

Hi All,

after a lot of destroyed machines, I finally found out that some characters in the mysql passwords
seem to cause this behavior. These charater are from the MacOS Keychain application.

The hub told me to stuck in the security updates, but in the conole it was the MySQL part where
the inital password is stored.

So we have to be carefull what we copy into the password fields (as usually :)

Bye!

Steffen 

Jeremy Davis's picture

Sorry that no one got here to sooner to give you a hand. Although for what it's worth, that's a new one to me! Glad to hear that you sorted the issue out and thanks so much for posting back with your solution! I'm sure that will save someone else the effort in the future...

By any chance do you know what the problematic characters were?

steffen's picture

Hi All,

the password "zŠhe64/Saat" becomes "zŠhe64/Saat" in the OSX (10.10 and 10.9) clipboard.
So the showstopper is the "Š". I hope this will Help anyone!

Have a nice Weekend!

Jeremy Davis's picture

So it seems like it's the OSX clipboard that is causing the issue, not the keyboard... Weird, never heard of that before...

steffen's picture

Hi All,

I had now further expierences with this :( It occurs when you generate an password in the Keychain (new password) and then copy it to mail.app or notes and then copy it to safari.

Yes, a very strange behavior!

Bye!

Add new comment