Peter Woodall's picture

I am planning on enabling MFA on my root account at Amazon to increase my access security .

However a bit of caution says I should ask the Turnkey folks if this will interfere with the operation of the Turnkey Hub (day to day management or New instance Launching).

Appreciate hearing back on this one.

Thanks

Peter

Forum: 
Tags: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

I don't think that it would be an issue as the Hub uses an API key for launching and controlling instances (rather than credentials). As it doesn't actually use your AWS credentials then it shouldn't matter AFAIK.

Having said that though it's probably best if I double check with Alon.

[update] Sorry I forgot to email Alon last night and have only just done it now. As he would be sleeping right now it will probably be a little while before we will get a response.

Jeremy Davis's picture

Alon said that it should be fine to enable MFA on the account. But it would be a good idea to double check the Hub after it's enabled to make 100% sure. Any action that involves access to a server from within the Hub UI (e.g. adjusting the security/firewall settings; launching a new server; etc, etc) will confirm all is well.

It's also worthy of note that in the future it may be different. So anyone reading this months from now should be checking again rather than accepting this answer as golden for all time!

Peter Woodall's picture

Thank you for the guidance on this.

A little background, I use both Amazon EC2 and Retail and since I have the same account on both I wanted to have added security on the EC2 side since I was told by Amazon that unless I had two separate accounts I could not have different passwords.

Peter Woodall's picture

OK, MFA assigned to my Amazon root and the Hub is behaving normally.

All is good and thanks to everyone for the help.

Peter

Jeremy Davis's picture

No worries. Thanks for posting back and confirming.

Add new comment