Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
MoinMoin is an easy to use and extensible Wiki engine implemented in Python with a large community of users. MoinMoin's storage mechanism are flat files and folders, rather than a database. This makes it easy to manipulate the content in a text editor on the server if necessary, including managing revisions if the wiki gets attacked by spammers.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from package management
- Wiki data maintained in /var/www/moin/mywiki
- Enabled FCKeditor by default (ease of use)
- Use Apache WSGI (performance)
- Added spellchecker with English dictionary
- Set character encoding to utf-8 (internationalization)
- Set logo image to moinmoin logo and set default theme to rightsidebar (user experience).
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2 and Postfix.
FCKeditor enabled by default. If required, it can be disabled like this:
sed -i "s|editor_force = False|editor_force = True|" /etc/moin/mywiki.py /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root
- MoinMoin: username admin