Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Course Management System
Moodle is a popular e-learning software platform, also known as a Course Management System, with tens of millions of users around the globe. Moodle is designed to help educators create online courses with opportunities for rich interaction. Moodle is modular in construction and can readily be extended by creating plugins for specific new functionality.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from upstream source code at /var/www/moodle
- SSL logins are forced (security).
- Includes support for authentication via ldap (convenience).
- Configured default email address for admin, guest and noreply email (@example.com).
- Set default theme to formal_white (more attractive).
- SSL support out of the box.
- PHPMyAdmin administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Moodle: username admin