Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
TurnKey Development Toolchain and Build System
TKLDev is the mother of all TurnKey apps. It's used to give birth to all TurnKey apps, including new versions of itself. It's designed to make simple things simple, and hard things possible. It's a self-contained build system that can be used to rapidly prototype and repeatably build any generic Debian-based Linux distribution or TurnKey GNU/Linux system from source.
Run from browser:
The download links to 64-bit (amd64) images. If you want to build 32-bit images download an i386 TKLDev image directly from Sourceforge or one of our mirrors.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core*, and on top of that:
- Includes a fast copy-on-write build toolchain based on GNU make, fab, and deck.
- Turnkey development directory structure with preconfigured CDPATH.
- Integrated caching proxy for fast and iterative development.
- Full usage and development documentation.
* - Note: To avoid conflict with appliances being tested in the TKLDev sandbox, both Webmin and Webshell are disabled by default in TKLDev.
Example build sources:
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- SSH: username root