Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Blog Publishing Platform
WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. It is one of the worlds most popular blog publishing applications, includes tons of powerful core functionality, extendable via literally hundreds of plugins, and supports full theming.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/wordpress
- Integrated upgrade mechanism: get WordPress updates straight from WordPress's creator Automattic.
- Uploading of media such as images, videos, etc.
- Permalinks configuration supported through admin console (convenience)
- Automatic plugin upgrades are supported (convenience)
Useful and popular Wordpress plugins:
- Wordpress-SEO: Optimizes your WordPress blog for search engines and XML sitemaps.
- NextGEN Gallery: Easy to use image gallery with a Flash slideshow option.
- WordPress.com Stats: Provides detailed visitor statistics, optimized for blogging.
- WP Super Cache: Accelerates your blog by serving 99% of your visitors via static HTML files.
- Sociable: Promote your content by adding links to social sharing and bookmarking sites.
- Viper's Video Quicktags: easily embed videos from all the major web video sites.
- Simple Tags: automatically adds tags and related posts to your content.
- WP-DB-Backup: easily backup your core WordPress tables.
- Google Analytics for WordPress: track visitors, AdSense clicks, outgoing links, and search queries.
- WP-Polls: Adds an easily customizable AJAX poll system to your blog.
- podPress: Adds features to make WordPress the ideal platform for hosting a podcast.
- WP-PageNavi: Adds more advanced paging navigation.
- Ozh admin dropdown menu: Creates a drop down menu with all admin links.
- Contact From 7: Customizable contact forms supporting AJAX, CAPTCHA and Akismet integration.
- SSL support out of the box.
- PHPMyAdmin administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
See the WordPress docs for further details (including multisite howto).
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL, phpMyAdmin: username root
- Wordpress: username admin