ahmet145300's picture

Hello,

I'm working on an ASP.NET 5 project. But I'm not running ASP.NET 5 sites on your ASP .NET on Apache with Mod Mono.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

Unfortunately, I'm not super familiar with Mono/ASP.NET. I have been quite involved in maintaining our asp-net-apache appliance, so do have some vague understanding. But as I haven't used Mono/ASP.NET itself, let alone on our appliance, I can't be 100% sure. There is a possibility that our default config could be improved. So I'll preface this post with an invitation to assist us to make it better than it is! If there are improvements we could make, please share. And assuming that you work it out, even just posting back with the steps required would be super awesome!

TBH, I don't really recall a lot of it OTTOMH. But I do have a vague recollection that we enable "auto mono configuration" by default (see the mono docs). And the Mono docs go on to explicitly note that auto-conf is not a good option for MVC (see here). I have ahd a quick look over the build code, but couldn't confirm whether this is the case or not...

So the Mono "Web" docs are likely going to be your friend here. We've done a lot of the work already, but you'll need to put the final touches together to make it what you need.

As an afterthought, I did a quick google and found a doc that appears to cover setting up Mod_mono for ASP.NET MVC5. It's explicitly for Ubuntu (14.04) but that should be near enough (TurnKey is based on Debian; and so is Ubuntu). It also covers the install process too, but you can skip that bit.

I hope my post is of some value to you. Please let us know how you get on.

Add new comment