Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
Content Management system
Mambo is a full-featured, award-winning content management system that can be used for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. It is used all over the world to power government portals, corporate intranets and extranets, ecommerce sites, nonprofit outreach, schools, church, and community sites.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Mambo configurations:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/mambo
- SSL support out of the box.
- Adminer administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Username for mambo:
Login as username admin
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://18.104.22.1689/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://22.214.171.1249/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://126.96.36.1999:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 188.8.131.529 with a valid IP or hostname.