Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: new apps, multi-app installations, clustering, better backups...
- Learning Management System
Canvas is a learning management system that helps busy teachers and administrators save hours in their classes and institutions. It helps create amazing course content with a rich content editor, speed up grading, track learning outcomes, and can send notifications via email, facebook and text notifications.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Canvas configurations:
- Installed from upstream git repo in /var/www/canvas providing an easy upgrade path.
- Installed Redis Server from Jessie repos.
- Pre-configured to use PostgreSQL (recommended for production).
- Includes Canvas automated jobs daemon initscript.
- Includes Apache pre-configured with Passenger support, with SSL support out of the box (performance, security).
- Includes NodeJS and NPM required for compiling assets.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PostgreSQL and Postfix.
Usage details & Logging in for Administration
- Canvas: default username is email set at first boot
No default passwords: For security reasons there are no default passwords. All passwords are set at system initialization time.
Ignore SSL browser warning: browsers don't like self-signed SSL certificates, but this is the only kind that can be generated automatically without paying a commercial Certificate Authority.
Web - point your browser at either:
- http://184.108.40.2069/ - not encrypted so no browser warning
- https://220.127.116.119/ - encrypted with self-signed SSL certificate
Username for database administration:
Login as MySQL username root at
- https://18.104.22.1689:12322/ - Adminer database management web app
- MySQL command line tool:
$ mysql --user root --password Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql>
Username for OS system administration:
Login as root except on AWS marketplace which uses username admin.
- Point your browser to:
- Login with SSH client:
Special case for AWS marketplace:
* Replace 22.214.171.1249 with a valid IP or hostname.