Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Learning Management System
Canvas is a learning management system that helps busy teachers and administrators save hours in their classes and institutions. It helps create amazing course content with a rich content editor, speed up grading, track learning outcomes, and can send notifications via email, facebook and text notifications.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Canvas configurations:
- Installed from upstream git repo in /var/www/canvas providing an easy upgrade path.
- Installed Redis Server from Jessie repos.
- Pre-configured to use PostgreSQL (recommended for production).
- Includes Canvas automated jobs daemon initscript.
- Includes Apache pre-configured with Passenger support, with SSL support out of the box (performance, security).
- Includes NodeJS and NPM required for compiling assets.
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PostgreSQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Canvas: default username is email set at first boot