Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
ASP .NET on Apache with Mod Mono-
Free .NET hosting
Mono has an open source implementation of ASP.NET 2.0, ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET AJAX that can be used to host ASP .NET web applications on Linux. This provides a great free alternative to Microsoft's proprietary .NET stack. Apache is used to pass off requests for ASP.NET pages to the embedded Mono application server.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Apache ASP .NET hosting using mod_mono, a module that allows Apache
to serve ASP .NET applications.
- mono-server2 is configured to use /var/www as the webroot
- Includes a MySQL .NET Connector.
- Interactive Mono CSharp shell.
- TurnKey Web Control panel with links to useful references and resources, and ASP .NET example pages.
- SSL support out of the box
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery)
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, MySQL and Postfix.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root