Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Learning Management System
Canvas is a learning management system that helps busy teachers and administrators save hours in their classes and institutions. It helps create amazing course content with a rich content editor, speed up grading, track learning outcomes, and can send notifications via email, facebook and text notifications.
Run from browser:
Bug workaround: the integration is broken out of the box, a manual configuration tweak is needed to update redis-server.
echo -e '# Backports repository\ndeb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/wheezy-backports.list apt-get update apt-get install -t wheezy-backports redis-server
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Canvas: default username email@example.com
- Canvas configurations:
- Installed from upstream git repo in /var/www/canvas providing an easy upgrade path.
- Pre-configured to use MySQL (recommended for production).
- Includes Canvas automated jobs daemon initscript.
- Includes Apache pre-configured with passenger support, with SSL support out of the box (performance, security).
- Includes NodeJS required for compiling assets.
- SSL support out of the box
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery)
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, MySQL and Postfix.