Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Active Directory (AD) server
A Samba-based Windows AD-DC (Active Directory Domain Controller) server (without the Windows) which is configured to support netlogon.
Run from browser:
As of v14.0 the DC appliance is a 'barebones' AD compatible DC which uses Samba4. It also includes PnP printing services with an example PDF printing service. Includes a web interface for configuring Samba (Webmin) and printing services (CUPS).
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Includes TurnKey web control panel (convenience).
- Webmin modules for configuring Samba.
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- Domain controller (samba) configurations:
- Sets domain/realm names on first boot
- Preconfigured netbios name: PDC
- Created administrator account is pre-set as Domain User/Admin
- Domain Admins have full permissions on the domain.
- Default permissions: owner full permissions.
- Configured printing support:
- Installed PDF printer (drops printed docs to $HOME/PDF).
- Configured cups web interface to bind to all interfaces and support SSL.
- See the Domain Controller documentation for limitations and requirements.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Samba: username administrator