Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Drop-in PDC replacement
A Samba-based Windows PDC (Primary Domain Controller) server (without the Windows) which is configured to support netlogon, network attached storage for domain users, roaming profiles and PnP printing services with an example PDF printing service. Includes a powerful web interface for configuring Samba and printing services.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Includes TurnKey web control panel (convenience).
- Webmin modules for configuring Samba.
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
Domain controller (samba) configurations:
- Sets domain name on first boot
- Preconfigured netbios name: PDC
- Created administrator account and added to Domain Users and Domain Admins.
- Granted Domain Admins full permissions on the domain.
- Created Samba related groups (smbusers, smbadmins, smbmachines).
- Created group mapping for smbusers: Domain Users
- Created group mapping for smbadmins: Domain Admins
- Configured Samba and UNIX user/group synchronization (CLI and Webmin).
Configured netlogon service:
- Limit domain login to Domain Users and Domain Admins.
- Logon/home drive mapped to H:
- Synchronize time at login with PDC.
- Default permissions: owner full permissions.
Configured roaming profiles:
- Public storage mapped to S:
- Default permissions: owner full permissions, everyone read.
Configured printing support:
- Setup Point-and-Print (PnP).
- Installed PDF printer (drops printed docs to $HOME/PDF).
- Configured cups web interface to bind to all interfaces and support SSL.
- Access your files securely from anywhere via AjaXplorer:
- See the Domain Controller documentation
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root
- Samba: username administrator
Web based file manager (AjaXplorer):
- username admin (Local)
- username administrator (Samba)