Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Real-time document collaboration
Etherpad Lite is a real-time collaborative editor, sort of like a web-based multiplayer Notepad that allows groups of users to simultaneously edit a text document, with the ability to display each author's text in their own color. There is also a chat box in the sidebar to allow meta communication.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- EtherPad Lite configurations:
- Installed from latest version in upstream git repository to /opt/etherpad
- Pre-configured to use MySQL (recommended for production).
- Node.js configurations:
- Installed from latest upstream tarball (includes NPM, with npm-completion out-of-the-box).
- The nginx web server is pre-configured to proxy to nodejs daemon, with SSL support out of the box.
- Includes custom nodejs initscript for running node app as daemon.
- SSL support out of the box
- Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email. Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root