Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Web Stack (PostgreSQL)
The LAPP stack is an open source web platform that can be used to run dynamic web sites and servers. It is considered by many to be a powerful alternative to the more popular LAMP stack and includes Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL (instead of MySQL) and PHP, Python and Perl.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- PHP, Python and Perl support for Apache2 and PostgreSQL.
- PHPPgAdmin administration frontend for PostgreSQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP and PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL listening on localhost (security)
- PostgreSQL password encryption enabled by default (security).
- The postgres user is trusted when connecting over local unix sockets (convenience).
A separate appliance is available for the LAMP stack (featuring MySQL instead of PostgreSQL).
- Webmin, SSH: username root
- PostgreSQL, phpPgAdmin: username postgres