Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
Open Source Directory Services
OpenLDAP is an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) developed by the OpenLDAP Project, a collaborative effort to develop a robust, commercial-grade, fully featured, and open source LDAP suite of applications and development tools.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed and maintained through package management system (slapd ldap-utils packages)
- Set LDAP domain and admin password on firstboot (convenience, security).
- TLS support for ldaps out of the box (security).
- Includes Users/Groups OU and default PosixGroup (convenience).
Includes phpLDAPadmin for web based LDAP administration, with SSL support out of the box.
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/phpldapadmin
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
See the OpenLDAP docs for further details.
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL: username root
- OpenLDAP: default domain example.com